Monday, September 7, 2009

Shop, Play, Eat... it's a hard life!

We have now been in Arizona for a little over a month and I can honestly say I LOVE it here! People complain about the heat but we all got used to it really fast and it doesn't bother me! I loved teaching so much but I am just loving life as a stay at home mom and wife, it is the best. I have not felt this calm and put together in so long. McKenna get to spend all our days together! Here are some pictures of what we do all day!

Shop...
I try and not spend money... but some of my friends and I will try and think of reasons to go to the store! This trip to Costco three of us went and we each only got like one thing... we just like to get out! This was McKenna's first time sitting in the actual cart! I just thought she looked so old sitting there!


Play...
I recently got McKenna a "sit and step" it is called! I like it because she can sit and play in the kitchen or where ever else I am... we drag it all around! Lucky Chris who got to assemble it!


Crafts and Hobbies...
So although I was a "Home ec" teacher, I feel like I finally have time to really work on my talents and hobbies. I have always loved cake decorating... but now... I'm officially obsessed! What other dorks spend their free time sketching wedding cakes and googling techniques. The hard part is that there isn't always a reason to make a cake... so my new goal is a cake a week. So basically I find ANY reason to make a cake! This is one I did for BYU's first game of the season! Chris agreed to this new goal as long as I give all the cake away so we don't sit there and eat it all... I agreed!


I also have been trying to be more "crafty!" I know this isn't very crafty... buying letters and painting them... but I had fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're having a good time. Come visit us sometime!!

Shawn and Brittany said...

Way to be!

The Davis Family said...

OK, she does look way older in that shopping cart. CAN'T WAIT to see you guys!

Love-Shan

Vicente & April Armendariz said...

I love the cake! Good job! I love the letters too. You do so well with making everything look so perfectly put together.

Megan said...

Ooooo I love the letters Jes! It makes me want to do something crafty now.