Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day of Love 2012!

Our poor Valentine's Days usually get lost between all the birthday celebrations we have going on but I try and make it as special as possible!

The girls woke up with gifts at the breakfast table...


They each got a pair of slippers so they don't have to wear mom's and dad's anymore!


These were what McKenna wore to bed and woke up with!...


And her new pair... love the bed head :)


Later in the day we watched Zoey just for a little bit so Angel could finish a run. The girls love Zoey!

McKenna thought that if she made funny faces at little Zoey that she could make her laugh... Zoey may not have laughed but I surd did! Hahaha...


That night while eating dinner we told the girls that we were going to go somewhere special and that it was a surprise...they were really excited! McKenna kept thinking we were going to go to the jumping place she likes even though I kept reassuring her we weren't. In her dinner prayer she said... "Please help us have fun at jumping place... i mean... not jumping place... at fun Valentine's place." So we loaded them up...


and took them to a fun candy store that has all sorts of fun and unique candy. They were each allowed to pick out something and out of ALL the options... they picked the salt water taffy... ya, you know the parade candy that people don't even think it's worth to pick up. Hmm... but at least they were sold by the bag and so they had fun picking out lots and putting them in the bag.


It was my turn to plan Valentine's this year. On Friday when we had our date group I surprised Chris by taking him to Speed Street. Go Karting... He was thrilled. I was... thinking why did I do this as I'm standing in a big group of men. I was the only girl in sight, besides a grandma who and brought her teenage grandson for a ride.



I know what you're thinking... we're pretty hot... right??!



It was actually pretty fun and it kinda gets the adrenaline going. It was fun until I got cut off and my car flew up in the air and landed on top of the tires that were outlying the course. There I sat high centered on a bunch of tires. The only girl ends up on top of the tires... kinda embarrassing! Oh well! Chris enjoyed it. :)

Here's our scores... Chris got 4th place! I got 8th!!!!!!... out of 8.... :( Haha


We then ate at Olive Garden with a gift card Ryan and Britt gave us for Christmas! Happy Valentine's Day to my Valentine!!!! I'm so lucky to have a husband that shows me how much I'm loved everyday... not just one day out of the year!!!

No comments: